• Tuesday, August 29, 2006

    The Flora Marathon

    Taking my daily pounding on the treadmill this morning, drenched in sweat and hot enough to cook an egg on, I had this mad thought about running a marathon. There's just over seven months until the next Flora Marathon in London. Is that enough time to get trained and fit enough to make a serious effort?

    I'm new to this exercise gig. This time last year (about March time actually)I was just shy of 18 stone and broke into a sweat just walking up the stairs. Since then I've shed the weight and got down to about 15 stone (it was 14.5 but an extended stay in the UK over the summer packed a bit back on). I'm something like 6'2" so I don't really look as obese as I should do. This year I gave up meat and cut down heavily on junk food, artificial ingredients and dairy products.

    For the last few months I've been exercising daily and can now manage about 3 miles a day. So what's the verdict? Is it worth me trying to enter?

    Thailand Update

    There was a bomb aimed at the PM. It wasn't a bomb, just a bit of a laugh. It was deadly and could have wiped out an area of one square km. It was nothing and wouldn't have damaged more than 50 square metres. The PM was behind it. Ya-de-ya-de-ya. This is the on going bullshit from the Land of Smiles. The general who has been arrested for the this crime (or maybe not a crime) claims he couldn't have done it as the PM would be dead if he had. Ooohhh! He claims that he's fought wars (not sure what wars Thailand has been engaged in in recent years) and has been in the assassination squad so he would know what to do. I seem to be the only person who is surprised that there are official assassination squads in this 'peace loving' country!

    A senior monk has been released without charge after being found guilty of embezzlement and various other crimes. It seems that it wouldn't be right to prosecute such a member of the community (though such a member of the community is ok to go embezzle). Funny old country.

    Garden is looking good. Pics to follow soon.

    The Flora Marathon

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker