• Thursday, April 19, 2007

    Nearly time to move..

    That's it, time's up. Just enough time for a couple of posts before we start our meandering back to old England. As it stands the route looks like being Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, France and then England. However, things remain fluid and that route might change once we get going.

    There were some last minute nerves yesterday an hour before the shipping company came to collect our things. I suddenly started to seriously question the sanity of going back and my finger was poised on the call button of my mobile for some time whilst I ran everything through my mind. In the end they arrived early and so we just went with it. Maybe it's going to be a huge mistake that I'll regret but how can you tell.

    The daughter said this morning that she misses her gran in England and she can't wait to see her again. At which point I realised the one I miss most is in fact our dog. He was going to join us but I didn't want him to come out until we were absolutely sure we were here for the long haul. As it has happened it was a good job we didn't rush him out here otherwise he'd be facing a long wait in quarantine on his return.

    Anyway, many goodbyes to make.

    Nearly time to move..

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Tina - Freebird Professional said...

    Hi there

    Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    Its fascinating how people view the great escape differently. We are all searching for something - some people seem to find it in other countries - others don't. I guess it really depends on what exactly you are searching for and what is priority for you.

    I don't know as yet - exactly when I will leave the UK - but I fell in love with Thailand - especially Koh Lanta - so I will no doubt head back that way.

    I would love to do a link exchange with you - very useful link for my "potential" readers..

    www.escapengland.blogspot.com

    2:27 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    . I think, being a parent makes it much harder to move from one country to another.. If its just yourself.. well.. who cares if it doesn't work out, then you just move on... but like in our case, when there are children involved, you just really try to get it right:-) Good luck. I think you are doing the right thing.

    2:52 pm  
    Blogger Life Out East said...

    Thanks both for your comments.

    Freedom Seeker: Never been to Koh Lanta but I hear it is something along the lines of paradise. So many people come here and fall in love with the country and many find that it is every bit as a good as they expected when they move here. But the image sold by the tourist authorities and the local tourist industry here is very different to the reality. Life here can be very frustrating at times. That said I know I will miss the place once I'm gone.

    Lillian: You're right, I'm just glad we only have one child. I worry about her sometimes and wonder how our lack of stability might effect her but she really seems happy so far and enjoys visiting different countries. As she gets older I'm sure that friendships will be harder for her to let go off and she'll want more stability. But she's had a great time living here and we'll be back regularly I'm sure.
    Really glad we have discovered each other Lillian and hopefully we can meet up one day for a coffee in Chiang Mai (I still have that sponsored ride to do - haven't forgotten).

    Cheers!!

    8:52 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker