• Wednesday, March 21, 2007

    Housewife's work, park life and Canadian clubbing....

    I'm feeling the pressure and I'm going to eat some humble pie. I always thought that women complained about role of mother and housewife unnecessarily. I mean, how time consuming could it be? Take the kid/s to school throw some dirty laundry in the machine, put the coffee on and wait for the end of the school day. You know, that kind of thing. OK, I was wrong.

    I'm basically playing the mum and dad role in our house. I look after the daughter, take care of the house (red faced embarrassment here) and do all the dad things with my daughter. I never seem to have any time. Admittedly I'm crap at time management but still there is more to this housewife lark than meets the eye.

    In my defense I'm also trying to start a business 6,500 miles from where the business will be located, I have to generate an income as I pay for all our travel and the daughter's school fees and the two of us are heading back to live in the UK soon. There I will have to be a single parent and generate an income in a country where the average house price is GBP£240,ooo (about US$450,000 or 15,600,000 baht) (we do have a house but whilst there are paying tenants in there we won't be moving in). I've got to find somewhere for us to live, work, take care of her and also stump up for the school fees. The wife will be joining us later in the year. Yes, the pressure is building and life is about to challenge me to the extreme.

    I took the daughter to Chatuchak park yesterday afternoon. Quite good for kids. There's a playground with some kind of assault course affair, a lake and boats for hire and a reasonable environment. We took a paddle boat and I paddled whilst she fed the fish. She loved it. There's the usual flocks of pigeons you get at parks anywhere and locals jogging and doing exercise.


    It's the clubbing season in Canada. By this I don't mean nightclubbing, I'm talking clubbing baby seals type of clubbing. If you want to help stop this by spending a few seconds typing in your details click here and get the letter off to help stop this atrocity. Alternatively, if you don't know what I'm talking about check out the video here. Be warned it's not nice, the video contains graphic images of brave Canadian men bludgeoning innocent and defenseless seal pups so that brainless bimbos can wear seal fur. Ahh, what wonderful people! Please do spend a few seconds to send the letter. This is nothing short of barbarity and cruelty in the extreme, these people are very sick individuals and the seals need all the help they can get.

    Housewife's work, park life and Canadian clubbing....

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HEAR HEAR a man is admitting how hard it is.. KOTC you are truely enlightened houseman :-)

    7:09 pm  
    Blogger Life Out East said...

    KOTC?

    9:20 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah !! its bit hard to admit..but u've done it wonderfuly, as i read ur posts i could only find good feeling towards parenting ( quite difficult though) as u've done. looking into single detail of ur kid & standing as role model.

    Am proud of u max... can give ur example to many around !!!

    Cheers
    Reader in UAE.

    10:19 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    kotc...kiss on the check
    brb..be right back
    tc... take care
    cu ... see you
    asap... as soon as possible
    :-)

    7:38 am  
    Blogger Life Out East said...

    Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated. brb!

    8:34 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker