• Friday, April 20, 2007

    No really, I am going..

    I was going to finish my stink in Thailand with an account of the trip to Luang Prabang, Laos pt2 but I haven't got the time to do it. That will have to wait.

    I have to share one piece of typically Thai news from the Bangkok Post. The government, it seems, has discovered the source of its problems - a lack of Feng Shui. Yes, the boys at government house have called in the Feng Shui guys to give them a bit of luck. Everything from new cat's eyes in the road outside to fountains and "auspiciously" (oh how the Bangkok Post does love this word) named pot plants are being put in place. They're also removing pictures of previous PMs. It's the end of my time here so I don't want to be harsh but come on, really? This is worrying!


    And finally, a few photos.

    Wat Arun at night, taken from a river cruiser last week.

    Girls performing traditional Thai music by the river.

    Does anyone know what laid these eggs? The bird made a nest in a dying hanging basket outside my office window, so we now have to keep a basket of near dead petunias up until the eggs have hatched. I know very little about bird types. She sits on these regularly and I'm guessing they're due to hatch fairly soon. Sadly the daughter won't be here to see the chicks.

    No really, I am going..

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Bart said...

    So long, then.
    Will you keep on blogging (like a Lif e Out East "of London")?

    5:46 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't believe you're going!

    2:09 am  
    Blogger Life Out East said...

    Bart: Yep, intend to keep blogging, as long as I have the time and someone's interested in reading.

    Matt: I've gone, and now in kebab country. Can't believe it myself either, there's still a possibility of return but chances against it at the moment.

    6:58 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker