• Wednesday, October 04, 2006

    Vegetarian Cooking

    Being back in the UK alone I’m having to start cooking for myself again. Being a vegetarian in the UK is so much easier than in Thailand, it is generally geared up to veggies a lot more than Thailand. Oddly enough Thailand doesn't seem to be big in the whole vegetarian thing; either eating out or cooking at home. It’s a very meat centred diet over there.

    Tonight's home cooked vegetarian invention was pasta with broccoli, onion, garlic, ginger and tomato, soaked in a tomato and basil sauce with vintage cheddar grated over the top, sprinkled with salt, pepper and marjoram and baked. It turned out very well and was washed down with an excellent red wine. Beats rice any day of the week!

    I recently discovered soya milk. It's not bad. It's quite nice actually. I'd thought of stepping up the vegetarianism to veganism which is why I was trying soya milk. I don't mind the milk but not sure if I could be completely without all dairy products. No cream ever again!! No cheese!! Don't want to think about it.

    I'm curious. By not eating any meat at all, including fish, I guess I'm missing lots of important oil (omega 3 to name but one). Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can naturally supplement the diet to compensate for this loss? Answers on a postcard please.

    Vegetarian Cooking

    Labels: ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker