• Wednesday, November 08, 2006

    Cycling accidents, hospitals in Bangkok and so much to do...

    Well, I've recovered from yesterday's accident all but my chest. I still can't take a full, deep breath without feeling a lot of pain. I guess this is just the bruising and muscular damage that will take time to repair. Cuts and grazes are healing well and I'm getting used to life without one of my teeth. The treatment for that will take many months I'm told and then the dentist will cap it and I'll start loking normal again.

    My three year old daughter finds the whole thing quite amusing and keeps asking to see my gap. She keeps telling me, "Be careful daddy. I fell off my bike once and now I'm careful. Mustn't lose your teeth." She assures me that she will be my doctor when she comes home from school today and take care of me. Arghh!

    I have to mention the hospital and its staff. Mongkut Wattana General Hospital on Chaengwattana Road. The service was excellent and the staff wonderful. I've been in hospitals in Bangkok before, including the biggest, grandest and most expensive hospitals in Bangkok but there's no faulting the guys at Mongkut Wattana. It's not a new hospital and probably not the most well equiped but they were quick, attentive, thourough, and polite. Cheers guys!

    On the down side of all this I won't be able to visit the gym for some time. Because of the chest injury there's no way I can resume the fitness training; can't breathe or move my arms properly. Hmmm. Time is moving on and I'm not as fit as I'd like to be.

    At the same time as doing all the preps for this cycling I'm also trying to set up two other projects which will hopefully give me an income. If and when they materialise I will post more info. But for now I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day for everything, unless I start to ignore my daughter; which isn't going to happen.

    Onwards and upwards!

    Cycling accidents, hospitals in Bangkok and so much to do...

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker