• Thursday, November 30, 2006

    Driving in Thailand, traffic queues and a pic...


    Here's a picture of a Pad-Thai seller and a satisfied customer, for no particular reason.

    I think you can tell a lot about a person, or even a culture by the way people drive. And as someone who drives here on the roads and streets of Thailand it doesn't look good. If by their driving ability shall they be known then Thais are a selfish, inconsiderate, self-centred bunch of twits. Which of course they aren't, so what's give with the bad driving?

    Always pushing in, honking the horn for no reason, honking the horn and flashing lights because you are in front of them (and it seems to be every Thais right to have a clear road ahead), never letting you out at a junction, and they don't have the first idea what an orderly queue is. A huge backlog of traffic can be, and general is, caused by selfish people skipping the queue and cutting in further down the line causing chaos. The worst offenders are nearly always taxi drivers and (as is the case in most countries I think) boy racers with totty in the passenger seat and women in big off-roaders (ouch, that'll piss the women off).

    You guessed it, I had a crap day. Well, the evening anyway. I drive a Land Rover and because of this it is rare that I drive anywhere other than the daughter's school, her mate's house and the local mall. Today I ventured up to IT Square to buy some software (another headache). Coming back I met the Cheang Wattana rush hour. In fact it was more than an hour and there was very little rushing involved. By sticking to public transport I usually avoid this nonsense and have a much calmer life. I HATE traffic queues!


    Driving in Thailand, traffic queues and a pic...

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A person necessarily lend a hand to make [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu]sac longchamp bandouliere pas cher[/url] critically posts I'd state. sac longchamp pliage pas cher neuf [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu]sac longchamp noir pas cher[/url] , That is the very first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular submit amazing. Fantastic process!

    10:39 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker