• Friday, February 16, 2007

    Finding a good backpack....

    I've been looking for a new backpack for some time now. I've been trying to find a small, light backpack that is easy to carry around town or when cycling, not for going off backpacking with but a small "day pack". My requirements are that it needs to carry: laptop, digital SLR, movie cam, small digital cam, spare batteries, pens, notebook, book (of the reading variety) and somewhere for the iPod.

    After much consideration I have found the one I'm looking for and bought it yesterday. I looked in the UK and on the internet and it seemed the only company that really makes anything remotely like what I was after is Lowepro; website here. I've bought the Lowepro CompuDaypack which has: padded laptop compartment, padded adjustable compartment for SLR and several lenses, large upper daypack compartment, quick access iPod pocket with headphone cable port, padded shoulder straps with breathable dryflo, and it's water resistant.

    I bought it from the True shop in Paragon which was, ironically, cheaper than the shop at MBK that sells them. It was 2,500 baht (GBP£38, US$75). In the UK they retail for double that and are hard to come by. The cheapest I've seen them to date is on Ebay from Singapore, for about US$10 more than True in Paragon. It's seems like a really good bag and probably the most comfortable one I've ever used, great purchase.

    They do a few other small packs for laptop and SLR but they tend to be much bigger and more like mini suitcases than day packs. For 5,000 you can get the CompuTrekker which really is like having a small suitcase on your back. Seems a great bag and really well made but just too big. Definitely worth checking out Lowepro if you're in the market for any kind of backpack, they have a great range.

    Finding a good backpack....

    Labels: , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker