• Thursday, February 08, 2007

    Free wifi internet access Bangkok..

    A lot of places in Bangkok are now offering wifi internet. Usually you have to either be registered with a particular service provider or you have to buy time as and when you need it. The most widely available services are True and KSC.

    I use wifi quite a lot. There's something quite liberating about being in a coffee shop and being able to open up the laptop and just start surfing. Most places have power points too or, like me, you get a long lasting battery which gives you up to ten hours on one good charge.

    I've been looking into where wifi service is free in Bangkok. I'm sure there are many more than I've listed here but here are few for starters:

    All Seasons Place - Wireless Road.
    Several networks including a free one.

    Black Swan Pub - Sukhumvit Road, under the Asoke BTS station.
    Free wi-fi, so I'm told.

    Oh My Cod - Rambutri Road near Khao San Road.
    British fish and chips, free wi-fi connection for customers, and BBC on widescreen!

    Conrad Hotel - Wireless Road.
    Free wi-fi in the lobby and lobby bar.

    Landmark Hotel - Sukhumvit near Nana skytrain station.
    Free wi-fi in the lobby and patio out front.

    Siam Square - Shopping mall between Discovery and Paragon
    Apparently there is free True wifi here.

    I'm sure there are more than this and I will post as and when I find them. Likewise, if you hear of anymore please let me know.

    Basically I can now, should I feel the desire, do all my work from the comfort of an armchair in a coffee shop. I have battery power to last a day. I have a Skype usb phone so I can call anywhere in the world either free or for a small charge and now free access to the internet in said coffee shop. What a wonderful world it is.

    Free wifi internet access Bangkok..

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Liza said...

    I think nearly all the cafes in Tel Aviv have free wifi, and I'm guessing it's the same in Jerusalem. Israelis are very into the cafe culture and serious web surfers, so it's sort of like a marriage made in heaven. :-)

    5:44 pm  
    Blogger Life Out East said...

    Hmm, there's a great deal of wifi availability in Bangkok but "free" is not something that sits comfortably with Thai culture.

    9:11 pm  
    Anonymous Bingo Online said...

    It is remarkable, very useful message

    10:51 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    eXTReMe Tracker